Prep time: 60 mins
- Radish – 1 large
- Green Chilli – 2 nos.
- Onion – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – per taste
- Warm water
Take 1 cup of wheat flour in a bowl, add 1 tbsp oil and salt (per taste.) Add warm water and knead the dough. Set the dough to rest for 30 mins.
Radish Stuffing –
1. Shred one large radish, add salt and rest for a few mins. When you find the released water content from radish, drain this excess water and set aside the radish.
2. Warm 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add 1 chopped onion and saute until it becomes transparent.
3. Add chopped green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and garam masala. Fry for a minute.
4. Then, add the shredded radish and fry for 5-10 mins. Add salt per taste and finally some coriander leaves.
5. Once the radish is cooked, set this stuffing aside and start making the parathas.
1. Make medium-sized balls from the dough and press it flat. (Make sure the centre is thicker than the edges)
2. Add a small amount of radish stuffing to the centre of the pressed dough. Fold the edges and seal the stuffing. (ensure the stuffing does not ooze out of the dough)
3. Gentle press the stuffed dough and make medium sized parathas.
4. Add this paratha dough on the hot pan and add ghee/butter on both sides.
5. When the parathas are evenly cooked, serve it hot with raita.
– Kavi & Ninja